RTS Quality Management Information System (RTS QMIS) on SAP MII
PREVENTING QUALITY ISSUES BEFORE THEY OCCUR
How are you ensuring continuous quality improvement across the entire product life cycle? How fast are you able to respond when a quality issue arises? Does Operations have real-time visibility to quality trends?
Quality management is not just about inspection activities and “after the fact” reviews to implement corrective actions. It’s about enabling and optimizing the quality strategy deployment with real-time actionable intelligence to trigger Corrective and Preventative Action (CAPA) from non conformance production.
Capturing data manually, analyzing it once the product has been manufactured, and failing to comply with customer’s “critical to quality” parameters, increases the level of scrap, rework, re-inspection and cost. All of these failures are the difference between “best in class” and “laggards” in quality management systems and manufacturing excellence.
So often companies have well established inspection procedures, but without a holistic quality solution that integrates data from the shop floor with the comprehensive QM capabilities of SAP ERP and the new SAP Quality Issue Management (QIM) to handle deviations, a closed-loop holistic quality management system landscape cannot be achieved.
So, how can you boost your customer satisfaction, reduce scrap and empower manufacturing personnel with real-time automated information on the shop floor to address quality issues as or even before they occur?
The RTS Quality Management Information System (RTS QMIS) on SAP MII
creates a strategic advantage in only 8 - 10 weeks by providing:
Predictive Quality Management
Global and Integrated Solution
• One single system of record and analytics for quality management, consolidating information from different sources (SAP and non-SAP based) and processes.
• Increased data transparency & accuracy, automatically recording quality & production information from In-Line/Off-Line quality devices, Historians, PLC’s, DCS’s, LIMS & the business system.
• Effective quality analysis via standard and custom reports, including Statistical Analysis with automatic calculation algorithms for: CPK, Median, Min, Max, Mean, PPM, Standard Deviation, Variance, and much more...
• Enhanced user acceptance and learning, through interactive role-based dashboards for different staff categories.
Quality Continuous Improvement
• Continuous Improvement support, analyzing complaints and causes of quality defects in order to take measures and prevent recurrence.
• Enhanced quality information through improved visibility of historical and real time quality and manufacturing parameters.
• Resource use optimization, focusing efforts where changes are most needed to improve quality.
• Superior customer satisfaction, tying quality “best-in-class” performance to your corporate reputation.
• Cost savings due to the reduced level of scrap, rework, re-inspection and expenditures.
Compliance of Batch Manufacturing Quality
• Batch specification compliance and consistency, though the validation of all critical quality processes.
• Good Documentation Practices (GDP), keeping record of all quality instructions and procedures, allowing you to show that all needed steps were taken and that the quality was as expected.
• Batch history and traceability, maintaining the recipe records in a comprehensible and accessible form that permits recalling any batch of product from sale or supply.
The RTS QMIS allows transparency to quality and maintenance data in SAP ERP as well as issues and activities in SAP Quality Issue Management (QIM)
80% of all quality issues are repeat issues. Leading edge companies require the ability to capture, continuously improve, and leverage performance
knowledge from lessons learned so that preventive action can be taken.